Demi Karpouzos is a business consultant and list builder who'll help you get more clients and make more money.
We live in a world that puts A LOT of value on high-stimulation.
The louder, faster, bigger, bolder you can be, the better!
As an introvert…a sensitive one at that, this didn’t bode very well.
It put me on a motivational roller coaster where one day I was singing “This girl is on fiiire” in my best Alicia Keys voice as I put a check mark next to each item on my to-do list...
And the next day I was completely in overwhelm as my brain was flooded with all the things I needed to do, and to make matters worse, wherever I turned, another course/program/book/challenge/strategy was calling my name to be added to my already long list of “need to do in order to get my name out there.”
Helllllooooo procrastination (although I did make it up to level 238 in Candy Crush). With all the time I spent organizing, learning, creating, and getting things ready…let’s just say I could have herded 77 kittens in a quicker amount of time.
The funny thing is that it really had nothing to with my to-do list. It had nothing to do with what I thought I had to learn/know before I could do X, and it had nothing to with a lot of the stories I was telling myself.
The reality was I was lacking two things:
- I was lacking grit. As soon as resistance hit, I found myself spending too much time in my inbox, on Facebook, organizing, creating…everything but putting myself out there. I am an introvert after all so all the behind the scene stuff was right up my alley.
- I was lacking a plan & system that honoured my introverted-ness and as a result I was trying to do what other people were doing. I can tell you that shit doesn’t work.
I knew I had to put myself out there in order to get sales, but was I going for it?! Nope. Oh, I thought I was. Putting up my little posts spreading the same shit everyone else was; quotes, videos (not of me of course), updates, invitations, offers…where were all the clients???? *said with sarcasm*
I’d set some pretty wild goals and I'd miss the mark each and every month.
Don’t get me wrong. I did get clients, but it wasn’t consistent, and I didn’t get a lot of them at one time, but I did get just enough to keep my head in the sand thinking what I was doing was somewhat working.
This roller-coaster ride lasted longer than I care to admit. Not only was I dealing with my own insecurities and lack of confidence, but as a highly-sensitive introvert, I struggled to fit in and be like everyone else who was promoting their business.
Something in me just knew that I was reaching my tipping point…I was tired of having to say no to indulgences. I was tired of not being able to invest in programs, products, vacations, people to do the things I didn’t know how to do (ahem..Facebook ads), and to indulge in an endless supply of soy chai tea lattes.
The reality was I was tired of not feeling secure. Feeling like I was never going to make it and that it was just outside of my reach.
Are you breathing in what I'm breathing out?
That was a few years ago but I still wear the memory as a badge of honour because it was the struggle that pushed me to take a chance on me and go all in.
It paid off. (And not without a lot of effort.)
With over 400,000 people on my email list, a consistent flow of clients, interviewing people like Jordan Belfort, being featured on some well known media circuits, having 90% of my business come from referrals (and all while honouring the introvert in me), I'm happy to say that it has all worked out.
I mention this with a humble heart and only for the purpose so that you know that it can be done.
If you’re an introvert too, please know that it’s not that you can’t master the marketing piece, it’s just that you haven’t been taught how to do it in a way that supports your introverted-ness. And it’s definitely not that you can’t successfully sell your services, it’s just that you haven’t been taught how to (as an introvert).
It’s What I Help My Clients With.
Whether they are barely getting by, or they want to grow an already healthy income, I show them how to get more clients by implementing fun strategies that gets them in front of their prospective clients, and then I teach them how to use the power of words to turn them into clients.
It’s a 3 step system that I used which took me from just barely getting by, to having the wonderful problem of having more people who want to work with me, than I do time.
Please allow me to introduce myself...my name is Demi Karpouzos. My dominant aim is to help women entrepreneurs build a business that supports a lifestyle they love and allows them to serve others.
My mission has become my obsession. Empowering women by helping them build a wildly profitable business. It’s my cause, my calling and the oxygen that sustains and fuels me.
Something magical happens when women become financially successful. They look for ways to help others and make real change in this world. I'm honoured that you've taken the time to visit and I can't wait to see what sort of magic you make happen.
Some Fun Facts...
- I cry easily. So if we’re out and about, just make sure I don’t hear a sad story, a happy story, a possible sad outcome, a possible happy outcome….just bring tissues.
- My car is where a lot of magic happens. You guys, not like that. Some of my best ideas are birthed in my car, AND It’s where I sing my heart out...on the off-chance I make it on The Voice.
- I LOVE books and I'm incapable of picking a favourite. There have been hundreds of thousands of pages I’ve lost myself in.
- I’m a morning person and my happy vibe is almost always set to high. So if you’re not a morning person, I’d probably….er…I’d definitely annoy you.
- I'm addicted to soy chai tea lattes.
- I'd much rather have an experience than a thing. (unless it's a chai tea latte)
- A beach + A corona (or two) = A happy Demi